EMBRACING GOD’S PRESENCE IN EVERY MOMENT


“Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?” He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.” Genesis 3:8-10 NIV


Genesis 3:8-10 presents a pivotal moment in human history—the first instance of fear entering the world. Before this, Adam and Eve lived in perfect harmony with their Creator, experiencing His presence without shame or hesitation. However, after disobeying God by eating from the forbidden tree, everything changed. Sin introduced separation, guilt, and, for the first time, fear.

As the cool breeze of the evening moved through the garden, Adam and Eve heard the sound of the Lord approaching. Instead of running toward Him, as they once did, they hid among the trees, overwhelmed by shame. When God called out, “Where are you?” Adam responded, “I heard You in the garden, and I was afraid… so I hid.” This moment marks the tragic shift from intimacy with God to a fractured relationship, where fear replaced trust.

Fear exists because brokenness exists. Since that moment in Eden, humanity has lived in a world marked by uncertainty, pain, and struggle. Even those who walk with God are not exempt from facing difficulties. The reality of fear is something we all encounter, but how we respond to it determines whether it controls us or we overcome it.

There was a time in my life when fear became a daily battle. Losing loved ones while simultaneously facing health challenges forced me to confront thoughts I had never considered before. The reality of mortality and uncertainty weighed heavily on me, leading to months of inner turmoil.

It is important to recognize that fear, in itself, is not always negative. It serves as a natural response to danger, helping us avoid harm. However, when fear takes root in our hearts and minds, dictating our choices and limiting our faith, it becomes a burden that holds us captive.  
When fear attempts to take control, we must pause and reflect: What is it that truly frightens us? Why does it have such a strong grip on our hearts? Identifying the source of our fear is the first step toward overcoming it.

My prayer for you today is that as you reflect on these questions, God will bring clarity and peace to your heart. May this journey help you break free from the chains of fear and walk in the confidence of His presence.

I would like to share with you a topic that, in one way or another, affects us all. I invite you to reflect on what God’s Word says about overcoming fear—so don’t miss a single day of this week!

Fear is a direct consequence of sin. The first time humanity experienced fear was immediately after disobeying God. When Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit, their relationship with the Creator was broken, and fear entered their hearts.
 
Fear exists because sin exists. Because of this, you and I live in a broken world where even God’s children face hardships. So, how do we navigate this reality?  
Fear became real for me a few years ago when I lost people I loved while also dealing with health struggles. These experiences forced me to think about life and death in ways I never had before. For months, I wrestled with fear.

It’s important to understand that fear is not always harmful. In fact, it is a necessary emotion for survival. Fear keeps us from running into traffic or jumping off a cliff. However, fear becomes a problem when it settles in our hearts and minds, controlling our thoughts, decisions, and relationships.

So, the next time fear tries to take hold of your heart, take a moment to reflect: What exactly am I afraid of? Why does this fear have such a strong grip on me?

If this message speaks to your heart, we invite you to share your prayer requests with us. Let us stand with you in faith as you seek strength and peace. Send your requests to acepeda@cemuproducciones.com.ar, and together, we will believe in God’s power to bring peace and victory into your life.

Grace & Peace!

Adrian Cepeda
© 2025 CeMu Producciones


Previous Post Next Post